Thursday, October 12, 2023

Stubborn Love

Just as the automated door,

Was about to close,

I saw you, upfront almost,

But to look away, I chose.

 

I noticed those image-building lies,

Reflecting now in your eyes,

But I couldn’t overlook the pious grace,

Given away by that forever grim familiar face.

 

Your hastened breaths,

Through the crowd, I could hear,

I wonder, if the beats were audible,

Emanating from this resilient heart here, 

 

I was in the process of discarding,

Vestiges from my life,

But today, changes everything,

Including my fed-up mind.

  

I do not know how,

To come back to you again.

Unwarranted words spoken in the past,

Bridges washed away by ensuing pain.

 

Like you, I might have become too stoic,

But the tendency to nurture love, survives.

And I couldn’t help it anymore,

In your presence, a lot revives.

 

You must now know,

I seek nothing in return,  

Take one step towards me,

I will script the rest of the sojourn.

 

Having seen the real world, 

Do you not agree?

The only world that ever mattered, 

Was the one you built with me?




No comments: