Tuesday, October 17, 2023

All this time?



 

Serve, all mortals must,

But something divine,

Must add worth to our lives.

Only the worthy are blessed,

With love that feels like bliss-

Which against all odds, survives.

 

Love can never be transacted,

Though, relations can go down that line,

My love marches on to the deathbed,

Never mattered, realities of life.

 

I have often revisited old times,

And also, the ones thereafter,

I have been to places,

Been with people, who couldn’t matter.

 

I am a non-conformist,

My love is forever, though,

My beliefs, my commitments,

Of all people, you must already know.

 

Unlike your revised, biased version,

I was always a practical man,

Ultra sorted,

Beyond limits of human imagination.

 

Sure, I was about you, always,

Just waiting for all your shells to break,

Time was never an issue, frankly,

I was forever, you knew it mate.


The last words exchanged,

Might have been the end of an era,

Dissipating in a moment,

All that ever was.

 

But here I stand,

In the midst of what remains,

Unwavering in my belief that,

In incorruptible hearts, love always sustains.


Because you must know,

I still feel the magic,

I felt in the beginning,

And I hope, you didn’t find a mimic.


On the other side of this world,

No matter what, I will find you someday,

But if you were always true,

Right here, I would ask you to stay.


No comments: