Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Love in December

 




As the days grow colder,

You seem to drift further away.

Far enough for us to not be able,

To feel, what we could! What we may!

 

They say this December,

Will be the coldest ever.

I sense it, as I look for you,

Here, there, everywhere.

 

Arctic like wilderness,

Is what each day feels like.

The excitement of love, however,  nurtures,

Hopes of a truly deserved life.

 

But as the nights grow longer,

Stronger becomes your slumber.

I’ll dig in and wait,

Not letting luck be a bummer.

 

And don’t you worry,

Even if you wake up shaken,

I am here to catch you,

Be it in hell or in heaven.

 

 I might have to leave,

When it is spring,

But always know,  

My word is a forever thing.

 

From Mondays to Sundays,

From this sunrise to the next one,

I will be here for you, always,

Like for the earth, does the Sun.

 

No comments: