Saturday, May 13, 2023

Always

As I exhale some smoke into the air,

My tilted head faces the sky.

In ages, it seems, I see stars,

The earth, subconsciously, I leave behind.

 

This oneness with the universe,

Rekindles a sense of being alive,

On the outside,

And then, somewhere inside.

 

And it brings back memories,

Of a time,

Spent with souls almost incorruptible,    

And of time, or lack thereof,

That left us vulnerable, susceptible.

 

Breaking all its defenses,

A particularly strong ache,

Pierces through my heart tonight.

And you cloud my conscience, mate.

 

All that we need to catch up on,

For wrong timings, be kept aside,

Chances could all be exhausted,

But by love, we still abide.

  

Always be mindful,

Of my blatant inability to lie.

And so, love with all your heart,

Till the impossible final goodbye.

 


No comments: