Monday, April 17, 2023

Awakened

 

As this long day comes to an end,

I lay back on my go-to chair,

A glass of whiskey in one hand,

From the other, a cigarette sublimes into the air.

 

I am drawn back to a time in the recent past,

Where I am submerged in water,

In a moment of oneness-

A moment- where nothing else could matter.

 

My cognizable life flashes through,

A clarity on my righteousness takes over.

Life was easier stone cold;

How for the sake of some, I turned sober.

 

But this absolute stillness,

Rekindles my deep buried alter ego.

My detractors should beware,

Your existence is set for a hard blow.

 

The Sun itself, has tried burning me,

The waves tried putting me down,

But do you see? I sit here, God-like,

Unperturbed! No qualms, no frown.

 

I hope you too find strength,

In the gods chosen by you,

I don’t care if tough times last long enough,

Just know that tough Gods do.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: