Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Water, Wishes and Wisdom

 

You were,

The physical embodiment of life,

Flowing without any qualms,

Some patches dark, some bright.

 

Life glides, like your flow,

In waves, with its ripples.

Depositing some slack-

Washing away some,

Bringing some back.

 

Like you, we create some things good,

Nourish them, savour them,

But bound as we are,

Moving forward, abandon – sometimes destroy them.

 

But like that floating ball,

That, now and then, kept kissing my knees,

All that has been created consciously,

Will be around- as memories.

 

Maybe Bruce was right,

When he asked us to be like water.

But what about the volcanoes amongst us?

Can defining characteristics be altered?

 

Irrespective of everything, I must confess,

This tryst added to my being.

I left behind a bit of me with you,

One sided- couldn’t be this fling.

 

What comes next, I care a damn.

For I know, what comes will go,

And then return, in pieces too small,

And then I know, these ruins,

Will be a part of it all.

 

I assume, we do not live in isolate phases,

Each phase makes us whole.

We need to accommodate characters,

Living or dead, as demands the role.  

 

No comments: