Saturday, November 11, 2017

2017

The digits added to my advantage,
This year was expected to sail through.
Planetary interventions and what not,
I await desparately an year new.

This year I've been to the abyss, lost my breath,
And still came back alive somehow,
Helped me back to my original self,
The one who questions - What, why ,how?

Was this the transition of this man into superman?
I have doubts if the boy ever grew up.
Foundations inadvertently laid long ago,
Are indeed difficult to usurp.

This year must end, it will end.
So must this trail of time.
The course ahead,
Life needs to be steered through,
Through strengths combined,
Ours, yours and mine.

If doubts ever cloud your mind,
Remind yourself of this quote I like,
' When you are the anvil, Bear.
When you are the hammer, Strike.'

No comments: