Sunday, November 9, 2014

To Greatness and togetherness


Greatness is pursued,
By mortals of lesser taste,
You my friend,
were born great.

Tough times test,
only the tough,
Some nights are beautiful,
Some days rough.

I've go nothing to preach,
Only memories,
Of the night  that it was,
That very moment and some old stories.

Too busy in our lives,
Yes, we've been.
But without these stolen moments,
Life loses its sheen,

The two of us,
are almost always together,
Find time, time and again,
Three over two,is anyday better.

I still think about it,
The indifference on your face,
The void within,
Trying to find its space,

But grateful I am to you,
For staying that night,
All the luck to you,
The noble one, a man upright.

It would be the same old room,
The same set of people, Once again,
We'd just want you to know,
This isn't Sparta, this isn't Spain,
But we care,
Brothers in arms, as I say,
One man armies, Stronger together,
Life shall be tamed, try as hard as it may.

A casual comment, it was on your part,
But I pay heed to the smaller details,
men of our words, that we are,
Here goes this one, even if it fails.

No comments: