Friday, June 17, 2011

On board

Raced untiringly, A wonder he admired,
Strong metal it was, bodies with flesh inside,
Lost in the tranquil of maddening speed,
Almost free, as a bird high in the sky,
The joints and the track beneath rumble,
And it's not noise, but music of a kind,
Open the door, to the never ending fields,
And feel the air hard against your face,
And it's not pain, but a pleasure inexplicable,
The kid pressed his face against the window,
As if reflecting back on the better times,
Not wanting this journey to end, nor tomorrow to arrive,
Thirsty to soak it all up, right here tonight
I wanted to go, ask him what was on his mind,
But decide otherwise, letting him have his time,
As I lit a cigarette by the door, I wished,
If only I could spend the rest of my life on board.

No comments: