Monday, December 6, 2010

A page from " The memoirs of God's Lemonade".

"Pay attention", he commanded, "as I let this out,
Trust my words, Don't you dare doubt,
What do you see? A tender boy, or a man stout?
Do you hear that noise, do you hear them shout?
Cribbing about all the wrongs I do, the rules I flout.

I know you do, Save yourself the pain, Do not answer,
As if I give a damn, I've got things better,
You stay quite, scrub your ears, so you get me clear,
Your mouth's got no job here, Am the only speaker,
And take your notes down, Here lies the key to your future.

Let them scream and mock, I take all the blame,
Payback is certain, To those who brought up my name,
Why the haste, Shortage of time never did I claim,
You call this insane? Amusing is what I find this game,
Save it for your likes, the hanging frame, and all the fame.

They talk of dreams and goals, I cherish and find everyday peace,
They've got laurels and medallions, You see here, I've got my keys,
No less is my struggle, But everynight I sleep sound, my head at ease,
They are one fine class, in search of a lemonade, lemons they squeeze,
They'll do fine, and close their eyes, pleading God to appease.

One thing you must understand boy, Life is tough,
So much to explore, Smooth terrains, and some patches rough,
Fuck the rules, Enslave your dreams, Do, Die, or whatever, Elude the cuff,
Now get out of here, And learn to live, While I get back to my stuff,
Don't forget you live only once, But you get it right, and Once is enough!"

1 comment:

S said...

complicated but nice post :)
I guess I'll understand it better once I know what inspired ;)