Friday, October 1, 2010

Once upon a time...

Roll back ages,
Take them to their time,
And they shall know,
The glory they knew,
What they stood for,
And i shall be obliged,
If I see them smile,
Heroes of an era,
Vestigial today,
Words they do deserve,
For what lies within,
Not blood, Not hopes,
A cause much greater,
unknown to me,
For i never witnessed,
Days that were theirs,
I can guess though,
Bright must have been those,
Songs in their praise,
Swears in their name,
Treasured they were,
Preserved in their likes,
Pity them, I can not,
That elusive Power,
Is yet to be savoured,
This shall be a tribute,
To them who couldn't survive,
The test of time,
And the race of evolution,
Defeated you stand,
Let me take you to the time,
The beginning of it all,
And you shall know,
The purest of hearts,
Your worth is still spoken,
Let today be so,
But you shall indeed know,
Even though my words dont rhyme,
You, am sure, had your time.

2 comments:

S said...

timeless description of hearts !
very well versed !

:)
superb one again :)

Aryan said...

Thanx for all the gud words! :)