Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stained.


Burnt for greed,
I never complain,
Reduced to ashes,
I still take the pain..

But touch me not,
I'll leave a stain,
One that can not be washed,
Try as you may in vain.

Stay away,
the way it's supposed to be,
Light up your life,
Leave the Darkness for me.

A lump is all I am,
Of carbon just like you,
Sans the breaths you take,
And all that I can't do..

Harmless and selfless,
Am still looked at with suspicion,
I dont complain,
A weird world, a weird premonition.

Buried under tonnes of earth,
I've waited to be born,
Building strength and resilience,
Learning to tame my scorn.

And this is me now,
What you see ,
An unsung hero in your world,
But no regrets, let it be.

If at all you can,
Sing me a song tonight,
Uncertain if i'll see,
Tomorrow's light.

Am no phoenix,
But from my ashes, I'll rise,
I have darkness to destroy,
Am myself dark, But still precise,

So sleep in peace,
The night isn't too long,
But this could be my last,
Sing me a farewell song!

3 comments:

S said...

wao !! seems like coaled ! beautiful post ! or I must say dark post ;)

zuby said...

iiiiiiiii kaaa likh diya be ....pagla gaye ho kya babua ???

Aryan said...

hehe.. Kuch aisa hi samjho saahib!