Saturday, July 31, 2010

Silent Eyes.


They don't speak a word,
Unlike the others out there,
But I still believe,
There has to be a story they tell..

I never really got a chance
To look deep inside them ,
The only ones, I ever wanted to,
It just didnt happen, Who do I blame?

Sometimes when my gaze happens to ,
Meet my Eyes in the mirror,
I see them tired, and uninterested,
In reciprocating to him who they belong to.

They've been the same ever since they saw you,
And they demand for the same sight all the time,
They know I cant fulfill this wish of theirs,
They don't see anymore, just dream of you all the while.

They've stopped praising other forms of beauty,
They don't even admire red roses and blue skies,
But they flutter, and retreat shyly,
At the thought of one day meeting your eyes.

Leave out the rest, Give them a chance,
The ones who roll still worlds into motion.
Come down to this corner of the Earth some evening,
Raise a toast to them, To their non-stop admiration.

With your consent, let me now sneak into this scene,
As I confess , keeping aside all the lies,
I do wonder what would it be like,
The day when I look into your eyes!

2 comments:

S said...

I wonder what will the poem be after u'll look into her eyes ;)
awesome post !! :)

Aryan said...

Thnx for reading Sakshi! :)