Friday, July 2, 2010

Sabse peeche hum khadey !

[ DISCLAIMER- This article is a work of fiction and bears no resemblance to any person- living or dead.. :) ]


Life's been a race for us all, from the moment we opened our eyes.
And we've been racing, aimlessly, leaving behind all hues and cries..
Few amongst us are born racers, I was lucky I was one..
But long before I could finish the race, My sprint was done..
I had been racing really fast, to the joy of some, envy of the rest..
Until one day, I felt, I had done it all, I was the best!
What followed was my decision to retire from the field,
Yes, I had thought well over it, the decision was sealed..

What an experience it was, Life sans the race part,
Peaceful, jovial, and serene, if not street smart..
For I dumped the racers, and settled down with people who seemed more humane,
I termed them as friends, this whole friendship thing was driving me insane,
For I had spent all my life chasing one goal after another,
Crushing anyone who came in my way, without thinking any further..

But now, The chasing boy , had grown into a retired man,
And the desire to excel , gave way to a broader game plan..
I set out to meet people, watch them emote, hear them speak,
To see if Life was all about the race, or something out of the league?
That was where life actually started for me, As I kept growing wiser,
And there was no question left, for which I didn't have an answer. .
The only truth worth mentioning that I uncovered was that,
Life is only a race, and all humans meagre racers, nothing beyond that..

I made up my mind to resume the race from where I had left it,
Heh.. But life gives no second chance to mice, and men who quit..
Alas.. I had no other choice but to sink into my arm-chair..
Enjoy whatever was left for me , in life, Even if i didn't find it fair..
I termed this part of my life, as joblessness.. And learned to live with it..
Showed the middle finger to the Creator, who thought I was finished, I had quit..
I have had my own fair share of reasons, to enjoy this life the way I wanted to,
They came scattered in phases, and One of them , my friend, was you!

Someday, If you happen to take a break from the race you've been running,
and you need to share your success-tales with, some known harmless being..
You might not find him around, Just cut through the crowd..
An old Silk Route song shall guide you through, playing out loud..
Persuading you to chuck out the crowd, and leave aside the race for a day ,
If you find yourself lost, You'll find your way, when you hear a voice say,
" Duniya ki iss bheed mein , Sabse peeche hum khadey"..

4 comments:

S said...

waooo!!!
I have been listening to this song lately so much ...and there u write a post on it..what a coincidencee!!!
totally loved the post...
rightly said you can share ur success and failure stories with ur keyboard here...
and trust me ..we're all up for it !!
:)
thnx fr posting!

zuby said...

chasing liberty !!!

zuby said...

atleast tu khada hua hai ..main toh chup chap muh uthake betha hun ...sabse peeche :-(

Aryan said...

@Sakshi- Thnx for goin thru.. N yeah.. The keyboard is always thr!

@ Zuby- Kaan ke neeche do laafa padega to jump maar ke sabse aage aa jaega! chahiye kya?