Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Man of his words.



I fail to come up with any estimate, 
Of the words i've spoken since I learnt to do so,
Weird it might seem, a worthless thought, 
That's height of joblesness, I know! 

But during these jobless moments of my day, 
When everything else fades away,  
They refuse to leave me alone, 
Words- written and unwritten, spoken and unspoken..

I wonder how peaceful would this world have been,
Had there been no words communicated ;
I feel this urge to disown  all of them, 
Words that destroy peace, make things complicated.

Lost in thoughts of a world without any words, 
Am broguht back to this real world- " Bhaiya Chai".
See! Words don't even let you think about peace, 
Let alone, experiencing it , now you know why!

My attention is drawn towards a flock of birds returning home, 
They race away screeching at the top of their voice,
I wish I could reach for their necks, and choke them to death, 
Something that they deserve for making all that noise.

But now they've passed, and it's again silent around,
A silence that symbolises peace, the peace we chase.
But this no longer seems pleasant, I order another tea,
I want some words around, 'Addiction' my logic says.

I hit upon a realization, something I always knew, 
The only ones who sleep in peace are the dead, 
Peace is Death, as is silence, ours is the chase,
I breathe deep, Feel alive, with words pouring into my head. 

I guide them to the deepest chamber of my heart, 
I'll never lose them now, They'll be safe here, 
I promise them , You'll be forever mine, 
I'll stand by you, no matter who u go to, Remember I care.

I imagine again a world devoid of words, and smile, 
Looking back at my imagination of a graveyard like place.
The truth is life would not be life, without words,
Let them flow in through all corners, pumping up the chase. 

The glass is now empty, A reason to get up and move, 
Pen down some words waiting to be shared . 
I move on and type them down , Just to let them know, 
No matter what they do, I still cared. 

Cared because they give me evenings like the one today, 
Cared because, when all left, they were still here.
Cared because they add new dimensions to my existence, 
Cared beacuse they know it all- every little wish, every disturbing fear. 

What an experience this has been, 
An evening down the street.
Lessons learnt and laws forgotten, 
Words pervading a mind discreet.

I was busy killing time, having tea, 
and watching home bound birds. 
When in the blink of an eye I realised, 
I have been a MAN of my WORDS!

3 comments:

S said...

call it a man of magic wrds !! :)

zuby said...

the only thing than i can say ...BAH !

zuby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.